Many of us must have trouble in adding page numbers in MS Word. It is one of the most common problems for the students who are working on their academic notes. For adding numbers in the documents you can use section breaks and once the section break have added into your document and you will then be able to restart your page numbers and can also apply a different styles.
In order to add page numbers into your Word documents you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to place your cursor on the page where you need to end your 1st section.
- Now you need to go to the Page Layout tab and then you need to click the Breaks command.
- Now select Next page from the menu.
- You will notice that a section break has been added while creating a new section on the next page.
- In order to continue you have to select the header as well as footer in the new section.
- Now go to the Design tab and then deselect the Link to Previous command.
- Now you need to modify the page numbers in the new section which depends on what you need. In order to restart your numbering you need to click the Page Number command and then select Format Page Numbers. Now from here onwards you will be able to select Start at: 1.
- For reformatting the numbering you have to select the page number and then go back to Home tab. You can also modify the font, color and size etc.