Array is a tool that is used for making rectangular as well as polar array of an object. In order to perform a rectangular array in your drawing you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to create a new drawing from scratch.
- Now in the next steps you have to draw a polygon (In this tutorial we will take an inscribed Hexagon with a radius of 50.
- Now in the Edit Toolbar you need to click on ARRAY icon. This will open the array dialog box.
- In the Array dialog box you need to set ROWS to 6 as well as COLUMNS to 6.
- Now is the time to define the offset value so set the ROW OFFSET to 1.50 and set the COLUMNS OFFSET to 1.50.
- Now click on SELECT OBJECTS icon.
- Now select the polygon with the pickbox and then press ENTER on the keyboard.
- Now click on OK.
- With this you will complete the the rectangular array of an object.
Performing a Polar Array in an Object
In order to create a polar array you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to draw two circles.
- Now click on ARRAY icon. By clicking on the ARRAY icon an array dialog box will appear.
- Now click on POLAR ARRAY.
- In the next step you need to click on SELECT OBJECTS icon. Click on the small circle and then press ENTER.
- Now click on the PICK CENTER POINT icon and move the cursor over to the large circle.
- Set TOTAL NUMBER OF ITEMS to 6.
- Now set the ANGLE TO FILL to 360.
- Now click on OK and then 6 small circles will appear around the larger circle.
You can also learn about Modifying Page Numbers in MS Word