With Adobe Photoshop you can easily retouch your images but retouching images is nothing if you are not doing it in a wise manner. Feathering is an option which can be used for softening the edges of your images. With this technique you can create more natural looking transition between the selection and background.You can also learn about Editing the Photos to Fit Your Display in Windows 10.
In order to soften the edges of your image you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you are required to make a selection for non-feathered images. Use Elliptical Marquee Tool for this.
- Copy the image if the selection has been made.
- Now create a new blank image and the paste the selection into the new image.
- Now you are required to choose Select>Modify>Feather. Feather can also be selected by right clicking the mouse button and then select feather from drop-down menu.
- A dialog box will appear where you have to type a value in Feather Radius text field and then press OK.
- No is the time to type in the value for example 20 and then click OK and you will notice that the corners have been rounded.
- Now use the Move Tool and then drag and drop the selection to another image and we can get a feathered image with some soft edges.
- If you are not satisfied repeat the process and this time use the mask panel.
- Make the basic selection and then add the layer mask on the background layer.
- Now click on the Add Mask button.
- Drag the image which will drag the whole photograph and the mask layer.
- Now you need to go back to the Mask panel and then use feather slide which will let you soften the edges with added control and flexibility.